How do I disable ads in my Gmail account?
Well, that’s one thing that haunted me for quite sometime. As usual, I had to explore the ‘n’ number of things offered on Gmail.
One great thing about Google is – problems come with a package of solutions.
And for this one here, I found we have 2 ways to get rid of ads
- Login to Gmail account.
- Select the gear icon (Settings) –> Configure Inbox.
- Remove selection for the ‘Promotion’ tab.
- This should minimize the frequency of overwhelming ads to a couple of them to your inbox.
- Login to Gmail account.
- Click My Account.
- On the My Account window, select Ads Settings, under Personal Info and Privacy settings.
- On Personal Info and Privacy Settings page, select Manage Ads settings.
- Click to Turn Off the Ad bases on your interests option.
- Select Switch OFF on the resultant screen.
- Next, click I’m done.
Ideally, if you have done everything right till now, I mean if you have followed the steps, your screen will appear like this
Hurray! You are good to go!
How do I rotate my desktop screen
Yeah, that’s quite irking when you see the desktop other than the original position.
Set a background for each drive
Okay! now you wanna set an individual background to see colorful and attractive drives each time you go for a file on your system (Works only with Windows XP)
It’s quite a bit interesting to amaze your friends and have some snacks, while they think of how you do all this.
The actual part of it now
- Open ‘Notepad‘ application.
- Copy the text below and paste it on the notepad.
- You can save this notepad with whatever name you want to.
- Paste a copy of it (notepad file) on each drive you wanna set a background image for (As many drives as you have but not on desktop or so called ‘C:\’ 😉
- Open the notepad and now, let’s do a li’l bit of tweaking. Do not try to get into what actually this code is saying to us. Our purpose is to only tweak the IconArea_Imageline of it.
- I had images on my F drive so the line showed up as (IconArea_Image=F:\pictures\myfavimages\Ilikethis.jpg).
- Now, save this notepad as ‘desktop.ini‘.
- IF you want, you can hide the file: Right-click –> Properties –> Select Hidden check box.
- Enter the location /path of folder containing your favorite image. Make sure you selected the image.
And there you go!!!
Any doubts! Comment on this piece, we will get back to you. See you soon with another exciting article.
How do you add background music to the home page of your website
Sound a bit interesting, isn’t it.
Just click on the link below and download the document and you are there!